Physical Activity and Weight Management
Know Your Numbers
The role of the Chancellor's Committee on Wellness is to assist in establishing and maintaining a healthy and well campus environment.
- Review current wellness programming at UNL and develop plans to improve coordination and promotion of those efforts.
- Review Faculty and Staff Health Risk Assessment (HRA) results and recommend appropriate wellness programming to address the needs of all employees outlined in the survey.
- Develop a proposal for the implementation of a full-fledged wellness program for the UNL community.
- Develop a strategic plan for future wellness programming (3-5 year plan).
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Health Champions Designation Award
Take Charge! puts you in charge of your weight loss journey. It is designed for anyone who has either 1) completed both Get Started! and Step It Up! or 2) exercises at least 3 days per week and wants to lose weight.
Through this program, you receive:
• 12 high-intensity group exercise sessions
•Unlimited access to a dietician & exercise specialist
• Advanced weight management skills, including how to get in touch with your mind-body connection, how to use fuel for energy, & how to avoid yo-yo dieting
• Help in building a friendly network to support and empower you to continue your weight loss journey
• Personalized attention to meet your goals
Purpose & Policy
This site was developed in order to help those interested in making progress toward their goals. We encourage users of this site to submit articles and/or information they have found helpful in working toward a balanced lifestyle.
Bring Wellness to your group/department/unit! The UNL Campus Recreation Wellness Program can help you bring Wellness to your department or group. Learn more and/or schedule a FREE workshop.