The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has utilized a 7-element model of wellness since 2008. This model includes the dimensions displayed below. It was chosen over other models because of the inclusion of intellectual and environmental elements; elements we feel are important in a university setting.
- To learn more about each specific element and wellness resources, select an element from the drop down menu above.
- An interactive process of becoming aware of and practicing healthy choices to create a more successful and balanced lifestyle.
- Aware means that you are by nature continuously seeking more information about how you can improve.
- Choices mean that you have considered a variety of options and selected those that seem to be in your best interest.
- Success is determined by you to be your personal collection of accomplishments for your life.