Below you will find a list of some of the campus-wide wellness programs provided at little or no cost to the employee or student. Participate on your own time/in your own way, with a team or virtually. Our goal is to help you meet YOUR wellness goals. Most of the opportunities below are the results of collaborating with national or Nebraska programs.
Get Physical @ UNL
- Summer 2017: Utilize EveryMove to enter the BIG TEN CHALLENGE, beginning May 8
- Outdoor Lovers: Run, walk, bike, hike and kayak around Nebraska's awesome trails. Join others in the NE150 Challenge.
- National Bike Challenge: Join this a nationwide event uniting thousands of current bicyclists. It is a free and easy way to challenge yourself and your community to ride more while competing on a local, state and national level. Challenge runs from May 1-September 30, 2017. Make your miles count for UNL after signup: select "My Groups" and search for University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Currently, we are at the top of the national rankings. Go Huskers!
- Calling all UNL Cyclist. Learn about the latest and greatest events moving on two wheels in and around Lincoln. New! #FridayBike will begin mid-May 2017 at UNL. Check the events calendar for more information.
- 7 on the 7th: Stuck at your desk most of the day? Once a month, UNL Campus Recreation Wellness Services staff will provide 7 exercises to do for 1-minute (total of 7 min) to get you moving during your day. Move a little to think more clearly and stretch/strengthening your muscles for a successful work day. We encourage you to complete 7 on the 7th each work day of the month.
- Campus Walking Maps: Several UNL buildings and outside area routes have already been mapped to help you achieve your walking goals (Recommendation: 10,000 steps/day). Check it out: Employees are provided 15 minute break in the morning and the afternoon. How are you using this 30-min/day?
- Tourism Passport: UNL has teamed up with Nebraska Passport Program to help you move with adventure. From May 1 through September 30, Passport travelers will create lifelong memories while they explore Nebraska.The 80 Passport stops offer a mix of unique adventures; from discovering Nebraska’s hidden gems to celebrating Nebraska 150, the 2017 Passport showcases what makes Nebraska special.