Maintenance of a healthy body through good nutrition, regular exercise, and avoidance of harmful habits.
Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
- Member Services is located at the main entrance of the Campus Recreation Center and the Recreation & Wellness Center (East Campus Recreation). Services provided include - program registration, membership, retail items, equipment checkout/rental, locker rental, nutrition, fitness classes, etc.
- Want to take a cooking class offered in Recreation and Wellness Center Wellness Kitchen? Check out our current schedule and events coming up!
- Fit + Fueled is a step-by-step program providing guidance and accountability on your journey to become healthier and feel better (for the rest of your life)! A four-week commitment to your body and mind to start your diet-free journey to living better forever.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln is smoke free as of January 1, 2018. For a complete list of resources visit our Tobacco Free site.
- Join the team challenge and compete to log the most activity points at the University!
Age+Gender Screening Guidelines
- Preventative care starts with knowing your numbers. Access Preventative Care Guidelines for BCBS of Nebraska.
University Disease Management Program
- (BluePartners Disease Management CareSteps Program) If you or those covered under your University BCBS plan are living with the following diseases, you may be eligible to recieve specific programming. Contact University Benefits to get started.
Personal Health Assessment
- During open enrollment each year, employees are invited to take the Wellstream Personal Health Risk Assessment. Individuals will receive a personal health report on completion. The University only receives aggregate data. Aggregate data is used to provide resources and programs for health improvement in the next fiscal year. By doing so, they qualify for enhanced benefits, including:
- Annual preventive care allowance of $300 (for insureds age 2 and over)
- Dependent child (under age 2) preventive care allowance $600
- 100% coverage, up to $2,500 maximum, for routine preventive colonoscopy once every 10 years beginning at age 50 (services must be provided by a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Provider): Click here for a list of preferred providers.
- $0 copay for generic prescription drugs through CVS Caremark's mail service: Click Here to View
- Group ID#: RXPCN: ADV RXGRP: RX7316
- Personal ID#: Your nine digit identification number is based on your University of Nebraska Personnel Number. For example, the first two or three digits will be zeros while the next six or seven digits represent your University Personnel Number. (Ex: 000123456 or 001234567).
An individual person represents the human body.
- Fitness & exercise; stretching
- Personal hygiene
- Walk/cycle to work
- Know your numbers: cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure
- Good nutrition
- Adequate sleeping patterns
- Regular medical/dental exams
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Physical Wellness?
Evaluate your own physical wellness with this brief quiz.
- Do I know important health numbers, like my cholesterol, weight, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels?
- Do I get annual physical exams?
- Do I avoid using tobacco products?
- Do I get sufficient amount of sleep?
- Do I have an established exercise routine?