The ability to actively make healthy decisions on a daily basis.
Campus Recreation Resources
- Member Services is located at the main entrance of the Campus Recreation Center and the Recreation & Wellness Center (East Campus Recreation). Services provided include - program registration, membership, retail items, equipment checkout/rental, locker rental, nutrition, fitness classes, etc.
- Nutrition Counseling with Campus Recreation's Registered Dietitian, Amanda Robine (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cooking classes and demonstrations teach participants the skills needed to prepare healthy meals that are simple, budget friendly, and delicious.
- Fit + Fueled is a step-by-step program providing guidance and accountability on your journey to become healthier and feel better (for the rest of your life)! A four-week commitment to your body and mind to start your diet-free journey to living better forever.
- WalkerTracker: Join the team challenge and compete to log the most activity points at the University!
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln is smoke free as of January 1, 2018. For a complete list of resources visit our Tobacco Free site.
Physical Wellness Resources on Campus
- The University Health Center provides medical, dental, physical therapy, pharamacy and other services to UNL Students.
- Health Promotion and Outreach provides health and wellness education to support students' academic success by creating opportunities for students to become more aware and better educated in order to make more informed choices.
Age+Gender Screening Guidelines
- Preventative care starts with knowing your numbers. Access Preventative Care Guidelines for BCBS of Nebraska.
- Fitness & exercise; stretching
- Personal hygiene
- Walk/cycle to work
- Know your numbers: cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure
- Good nutrition
- Adequate sleeping patterns
- Regular medical/dental exams
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Physical Wellness?
Evaluate your own physical wellness with this brief quiz.
- Do I know important health numbers, like my cholesterol, weight, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels?
- Do I get annual physical exams?
- Do I avoid using tobacco products?
- Do I get sufficient amount of sleep?
- Do I have an established exercise routine?