The ability to successfully express and manage an entire range of feelings, including anger, doubt, hope, joy, as well as many others.
Campus Recreation Resources
- Member Services is located at the main entrance of the Campus Recreation Center and the Recreation & Wellness Center (East Campus Recreation). Services provided include - program registration, membership, retail items, equipment checkout/rental, locker rental, nutrition, fitness classes, etc.
Emotional Wellness Resources for Mental Health
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Employee Assistance Program is a confidential service offered to UNL employees and their immediate family members at no charge. Consultation and counseling are available to help faculty and staff with personal or work related problems that can affect general well being, work performance, or academic performance.
- Big Red Resilience provides dynamic, innovative activities that emphasize gratitude and help students manage stress, understand their emotions, build upon their strengths, connect with others, develop grit and navigate transitions.
- For Students: CAPS offers a safe, confidential place where a student can slow down, think out loud, get support, and start finding solutions. A counselor can teach you things like new ways to manage stress or communicate with your partner. They offer therapy groups, support groups, and workshops.
- The mission of the Counseling and School Psychology Clinic is to improve educational, social, emotional, and behavioral functioning and interactions of individuals, families, groups and counseling/therapy, consultation, and education.
The Women’s Center offers free, confidential counseling for students, faculty, and staff of all genders on a wide range of personal issues. Call (402) 472-9428 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- The Couple and Family Clinic, understands the need for hope, compassion, and support when life’s problems seem overwhelming. The therapists provide evidence-based treatment, use regular feedback from clients, and ensure effective treatment is given to couples, families, and individuals.
- The LGBTQA+ Resource Center works collaboratively to provide education, resources, outreach, and advocacy to develop academic and personal success, community, and leadership opportunities. The center has a liason through the Univeristy Health Center for mental health and suicide prevention counseling.
- The Psychological Consultation Center (PCC) clinicians and staff members are committed to offering sensitive and inclusive services for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered and heterosexual persons from a range of cultural backgrounds. All student clinicians are supervised by licensed psychologists who are part of the Univeristy of Nebraska Clinical Training Program faculty.
- Fitness and exercise
- Relationships with friends/family
- Balancing work and family
- Laughing and crying
- Adequate sleeping patterns
- Personal contact, i.e. hugging
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Emotional Wellness?
Evaluate your own emotional wellness with this brief quiz.
- Am I able to maintain a balance of work, family, friends, and other obligations?
- Do I have ways to reduce stress in my life?
- Am I able to make decisions with a minimum of stress and worry?
- Am I able to set priorities?