The ability to respect all aspects of diversity.
Campus Recreation Resources
- Intramural Sports provide an opportunity for students, as well as faculty and staff, to participate in a variety of activities at differing skill levels.
- Sports Clubs exsist to develop students' skills, dedication, and interest for specific sports which can be a great opportunity to learn something new and meet new people.
- Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center provides a home away from home for underrepresented students, and welcomes all UNL students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests.
- Multicultural Fraternities and Sororities offer students the opportunity to join a culturally affiliated Greek organization.
- The Office of Global Strategies coordinates and supports global activities throughout the campus and abroad, including international and transnational research, teaching, and outreach.
- University Housing Intercultural Aides provide initial support and ongoing programmatic efforts for international students to build a comfortable and inclusive space for international students in the residence halls.
Gender Related Resources
- Gender Programs
- LGBTQA+ Resources Center works collaboratively to provide education, resources, outreach, and advocacy to develop academic and personal success, community, and leadership opportunities.
- PREVENT works to end relationship and sexual violence through peer education.
- Healthy Outlook Peer Educators (HOPE) is committed to creating a positive and empowering dialouge about food, exercise, body, and spirit.
- Men @ Nebraska seeks to expand definitions of masculinites and enhance colelge men's lives.
- Students with Children provides resources and support services for parents, and offers a weekly discussion/support group.
Arts & Culture Resources
- Lied Center for Performing Arts provides radical access to world class artists for University of Nebraska students through the Arts for All program.
- Mary Piepma Ross Media Arts Center offers a variety of showings including independent films, documentaries, classic foreign films, and experimental films and video.
- Sheldon Museum of Art inspires inquiry and discovery, serving the University of Nebraska, the state, and beyond.
The world represents the many different places we all come from.
- Try a restaurant from a different culture
- Shop at an ethnic grocery store
- Attend events to learn about different cultures/backgrounds
- Visit a multicultural center
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Cultural Wellness?
Evaluate your own cultural wellness with this brief quiz.
- Do I keep an open mind and avoid stereotypes?
- Do I treat others how I would want to be treated?
- Have I taken the opportunity to visit stores, restaurants, and areas that expand my cultural knowledge?
- Do I create friendships with those of different backgrounds than myself?