The ability to pursue a fulfilling career on a variety of levels.
Campus Recreation Resources
- Campus Recreation is one of the largest student employers on campus. A job at Campus Recreations provides transferable skills that can be used in any career. There are many different opportunities to discover.
- Campus Recreation participates in the Husker GROW program which reinforces on-the-job learning that takes place through student employment. Through brief, structured conversations with a supervisor, the learning from student employment becomes more "visible" to the student.
- Other Career resources available within colleges and advising centers on campus:
Student Money Management Center
- The SMMC offers financial calculators, over 300 resources on money management and a variety of events around budgeting and financial success.
University of Nebraska Federal Credit Union
- An experienced, friendly, and local credit union, the University of Nebraska FCU partners with employees, creating a credit union which we can all be proud of. They can assist you with your financial education, listen to your suggestions and work to improve your credit union.
Career Planning Resources
- Career Services helps students in all majors and colleges make academic and career decisions, gain experience and pursue employment or further education.
- Graduate Career and Professional Development provides online resources, workshops and individual services to UNL graduate students to aid in career planning, managing prospective careers, and developing the skills and knowledge needed for professional and career advancement.
Other Developement Resources
- Big Red Talks provide entertaining and inspirational messages that showcase the formative impact of experiences outside the classroom. Through short 20-minute stories and interactive dialogue, alumni and community members will inspire students and one another.
- Continuing education
- Satisfying career/profession
- Workplace safety
- Positive workplace & attitude
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Occupational Wellness?
Evaluate your own occupational wellness with this brief quiz.
- Do I enjoy going to work most days?
- Do I have a manageable workload at work?
- Do I feel that I can talk to my boss and co-workers when problems arise?