UNL utilizes a 7-element model of wellness that includes the dimensions displayed below. This model has been in place for over 10 years. It was chosen over other models because of the inclusion of intellectual and environmental elements; elements we feel are important in a university setting.
- To learn more about the definition of wellness, see below.
- To learn more about each specific element, select an element from the drop down menu above.
- Click here to download a pdf of the Wellness Model and a table explaining each element.
- An interactive process of becoming aware of and practicing healthy choices to create a more successful and balanced lifestyle.
- Aware means that you are by nature continuously seeking more information about how you can improve.
- Choices mean that you have considered a variety of options and selected those that seem to be in your best interest.
- Success is determined by you to be your personal collection of accomplishments for your life.