The process of self-understanding, based on a set of beliefs, principles or values that give guidance to one's actions. Such wellness can cultivate a sense of direction, thankfulness or appreciation for life.
The sun represents the beginning and end of a day; a reflection of a source of growth and vitality.
Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- Compassion for others
- A sense of meaning and purpose
- A sense of belonging to something greater than oneself
- Time for reflection and relaxation
- Value system, may be based on religious beliefs and practices; atheism or agnosticism
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Spiritual Wellness?
Evaluate your own spiritual wellness with this brief quiz.
- Do I make time for relaxation in my day?
- Do my beliefs/principles/values guide my decisions and actions?
- Do I feel a sense of direction in my life?
- Do I feel a sense of thankfulness or appreciation for what I have?
- Am I accepting of the views of others?