The ability to perform
social roles effectively, comfortably, and
without harming others.
- The Women's Center is located on the third floor of the Nebraska Union, room 340. There you will find a resource library, a meeting room for discussion groups, a welcoming space for conversations, studying, or just relaxing, and the working spaces of the Gender Programs' staff.
- Men @ Nebraska is a recognized student organization that works through the Women’s Center to expand the definitions of masculinity and explore the issues men experience at UNL and beyond. Open to people of all genders.
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Asexual/Aromantic and Ally/Advocate (LGBTQA+) Resource Center advances the mission of UNL by working collaboratively to provide education, resources, outreach and advocacy to help build and sustain a socially just campus community that is welcoming and inclusive of all people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expression.
- Wellness Advocates are students who are employed by the University Health Center's Health Promotion and Outreach department. We live in the residence halls and Greek houses.
Three persons with connected hands represent harmony, networking, and friendship.
- Establish and maintain personal friendships
- Community involvement
- Attending social settings, ie. festivals, neighborhood events
- Group fitness classes
- Hobby/activity organizations
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Social Wellness?
Evaluate your own social wellness with this brief quiz.
- Do I plan time to be with my family and friends?
- Do I enjoy the time I spend with others?
- Are my relationships with others positive and rewarding?
- Do I explore diversity by interacting with people of other cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs?