Maintenance of a healthy body through good nutrition, regular exercise, and avoidance of harmful habits.
- Member Services is located at the main entrance of the Campus Recreation Center and the Recreation & Wellness Center (East Campus Recreation). Services provided include - program registration, membership, retail items, equipment checkout/rental, locker rental, nutrition, fitness classes, etc;
- Contact Campus Recreation's Registered Dietitian, Amanda Robine: email@example.com
- Contact University Health Center's Registered Dietitian, Anne Widga: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fit + Fueled is a step-by-step program providing guidance and accountability on your journey to become healthier and feel better (for the rest of your life! A four-week commitment to your body and mind to start your diet-free journey to living better forever.
- Join the monthly movement and compete for prizes by logging your fitness hours in a variety of tasks! Teams are made based off departments on campus. **Must register with a unl.edu, huskers.unl.edu, or nebraska.edu email address**
- Nebraska organizations, businesses, colleges and schools are joining the Nebraska 150 Celebration and the Nebraska Sports Council in an effort to get Nebraskans to complete 150 miles or more of physical activity throughout the year.
- (BluePartners Disease Managment CareSteps Program) If you or those covered under your UNL BCBS plan are living with the following diseases, you may be eligible to recieve specific programming. Contact Univeristy Benefits to get started.
- Coronary Artery Disease CAD
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- During open enrollment each year, employees are invited to take the Wellstream Personal Health Risk Assessment. Individuals will recieve a personal health report on completion. The University only recieves aggregate data. Aggregate data is used to provide resources and programs for health improvement in the next fiscal year. By doing so, they qualify for enhanced benefits, including:
- nnual preventive care allowance of $300 (for insureds age 2 and over)
- Dependent child (under age 2) preventive care allowance $600
- 100% coverage, up to $2,500 maximum, for routine preventive colonscopy once every 10 years beginning at age 50 (services must be provided by a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Provider): Click here for a list of preferred providers.
- $0 copay for generic prescription drugs through CVS Caremark's mail service: Click Here to View
- Group ID#: RXPCN: ADV RXGRP: RX7316
- Peronsal ID#: Your nine digit identification number is based on your University of Nebraska Personnel Number. For example, the first two or three digits will be zeros while the next six or seven digits represent your University Personnel Number. (Ex: 000123456 or 001234567).
An individual person represents the human body.
- Fitness & exercise; stretching
- Personal hygiene
- Walk/cycle to work
- Know your numbers: cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure
- Good nutrition
- Adequate sleeping patterns
- Regular medical/dental exams
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Physical Wellness?
Evaluate your own physical wellness with this brief quiz.
- Do I know important health numbers, like my cholesterol, weight, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels?
- Do I get annual physical exams?
- Do I avoid using tobacco products?
- Do I get sufficient amount of sleep?
- Do I have an established exercise routine?