About the Challenge
Join the program that supports MOVING while challenging your friends, collegues, UNL departments, sorority houses, and more! Each month a new challenge will be posted to join and compete against other UNL departments. Each month a winning team will recieve prizes for all their teammates. Its easy to sign up and log points. Join and participate for free. Download the application to your phone or enter your activities online. Points can be logged for running, lifting weights, yoga, cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, etc.!
Big 10 Challenge: Phase 2 (Register Now! See steps below)
The Big Ten Challenge
Launch Physical Activity month by signing up for the “UNL Big Ten” Challenge. Utilize EveryMove while challenging your friends, colleagues, UNL departments, sorority houses, and more!
How it Works: this physical activity challenge is divided into three month-long challenges. Each challenge will ask you to “travel” to specific schools in the Big Ten, by logging your activity. Don’t worry if you aren’t a runner or cyclist, points can be awarded for yoga, household chores, mowing the lawn and more! Each point you achieve through EveryMove = 1 mile on the Big Ten Challenge. Each month, you will have a specific number of points (miles) as your goal.
Team Goals: Complete each phase of challenge by virtually visiting each Big Ten school designated in the challenge & receive a Team Achievement Certificate. Be the first team to reach a school on the route and earn that schools pennant to hang proudly in the office
Individual Goals: Complete each phase of challenge by virtually visiting each Big Ten school designated in the challenge & receive a University sticker for each school to place on your Brag Jar. Be the first individual to reach a school on the route and earn a small school pennant to hang proudly in your office.
May: Phase 1
Leave University of Nebraska-Lincoln for the 914 mile trek to the three (3) closest Big Ten schools:
- Say hi to Goldy Gopher when you arrive at the University of Minnesota (431)
- Travel to University of Iowa…but watch out for the Hawkeye! (+ 306 miles)
- Break dance with Bucky the Badger at the University of Wisconsin (+ 177 miles)
- Your goal? Log 914 miles or at least 33 pts/ day for 28 day.
June: Phase 2
Leave University of Wisconsin for the 876 mile trek to the six (6) next closest Big Ten schools:
- Stop by quick and see Willie the Wildcat at Northwestern University (145)
- Continue your journey with Chief Illiniwek at the University of Illinois (+156)
- Never been to West Layfayette, Indiana? Take a picture with a "Boiler Up" sign at Purdue University (+91)
- Do you know why Indiana University if referred to as "The Hoosiers?" Find out in Bloomington, Indiana (+112)
- Hope you are not afraid of Spartans... because you are off to longest travel in this phase to Michigan State! (+308)
- End your journey by visiting Biff, the live Wolverine at the University of Michigan (+64)
- Your goal? Log 876 miles or a least 32 points / day for all 28 days.
July: Phase 3
Leave the University of Michigan for the 936 mile trek to the four (4) next closest Big Ten schools.
- Say hi to Brutus Buckeye at Ohio State University (220)
- Pet the Nittany Lion at Penn State University (+311)
- Go Terps! Dont fear the turtle as you stop by the University of Maryland (+214)
- Among the first schools to participate in intercollegiate athletics, check out the Scarlet Knight at Rutgers (+191)
- Your Goal? Log 936 miles or at least 34 points / day for all 28 days.
Remember: 1 EveryMove point=1 Mile on Map
- If you count steps and achieve the "recommended" 10,000 steps/day, you will CRUSH the goal! Hint: 10,000 steps/day = 40 pts. 40 x 28 days = 1120 pts/miles = May Goal- Crushed.
Current Team Names/Departments: Click Here!
Current Leaderboard: Click Here!
Week One Map Locations: Click Here!
Week Two Map Locations: Click Here!
Map Your Progress--Check the Maps Above:
To sign up for EveryMove:
- Go to https://everymove.org/UNLincoln
- Click on “Sign Up” in the top right corner
- Enter your information and click “Sign Up”
- Choose apps that you would like to sync
- Look for the verification email OR Go to Settings > Memberships to verify your email address
- Once you verified you are ready to start earning points!
** You must use a UNL email account to sign up (i.e. @unl.edu, @huskers.unl.edu or @nebraska.edu) **
About the Challenge
Nebraska organizations, businesses, colleges and schools are joining the Nebraska 150 Celebration and the Nebraska Sports Council in an effort to get Nebraskans to complete 150 miles or more of physical activity throughout the year.
Nebraskans can complete miles in a variety of different ways – bicycling, paddling, rolling, hiking, climbing, swimming – however you want to complete the challenge.
This challenge is more than just logging miles. It’s about connecting Nebraskans from all across the state, discovering new trails and finding events or opportunities to challenge yourself.
We encourage you to sign up today and to join other Nebraskans in completing the challenge!
To sign up for NE150 Challenge:
- Go to https://www.ne150challenge.com/
- Click on "Start Challenge" or "Register"
- Enter information and Click "Create New Account"
- Check email for verification email from NE150. Click on the link that will take you to the website to create your password.
- Log in to the website
- Select "Groups" and "Find Group"
- Search "UNL" and select "Join Group"
- You are now registered and ready to log your miles while competing and winning prizes with UNL!
How to Register:
How to Track Mileage: