The awareness and acceptance of feelings
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Employee Assistance Program is a confidential service offered to UNL employees and their immediate family members at no charge. Consultation and counseling are available to help faculty and staff with personal or work related problems that can affect general well being, work performance, or academic performance.
- For Students: CAPS offers a safe, confidential place where a student can slow down, think out loud, get support, and start finding solutions. A counselor can teach you things like new ways to manage stress or communicate with your partner.
- The mission of the Counseling and School Psychology Clinic is to improve educational, social, emotional, and behavioral functioning and interactions of individuals, families, groups and counseling/therapy, consultation, and education.
- This workshop will help you manage stress by understanding relations between body and emotions. You will learn to connect your emotions in the present moment with your breathing, your mind, and your body, to experience relaxation, self-awareness, and help balance multiple life roles and responsibilities.
- Student Health 101 is a monthly student online journal tailored to address issues that are pertinent to your health.
- Member Services is located at the main entrance of the Campus Recreation Center and the Recreation & Wellness Center (East Campus Recreation). Services provided include - program registration, membership, retail items, equipment checkout/rental, locker rental, nutrition, fitness classes, etc.
The heart represents the general source of emotions (vs. the mind /brain as a symbol for rational thought).
- Fitness and exercise
- Relationships with friends/family
- Balancing work and family
- Laughing and crying
- Adequate sleeping patterns
- Personal contact, ie. hugging
Wellness Pulse Check:
Are you engaged in the process of Emotional Wellness?
Evaluate your own emotional wellness with this brief quiz.
- Am I able to maintain a balance of work, family, friends, and other obligations?
- Do I have ways to reduce stress in my life?
- Am I able to make decisions with a minimum of stress and worry?
- Am I able to set priorities?